Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Miss Chatterbox

Isabella has always been a chatterbox, but now she is starting to say things we can actually understand. She started saying words shortly after her first birthday. Her first word was "baby", and that's still one of her favorite words. She loves to look at pictures or in a mirror and point to the "baby". Her next word was "this" - as in what's this? At least that's how we interpreted it. :) After "this" came "ball". That was no surprise because she loves to play ball. She throws a ball quite well, and she can sometimes even catch a ball. Isabella's next word was "sooock". Every time we put her socks on she tells us "sooock".

I am of course proud of any word she picks up on, but her next word was truly a proud moment for me...
I was getting ready in my room, and Isabella had wondered down the hall. I went to find her, and she was walking down the hall holding my shoes and saying "shu, shu, shu"! She's definitely my little girl! Isabella loves her socks and shoes - really anybody's socks or shoes. One of her favorite games is to pick up the shoes we leave around the house and move them to another room - one shoe at a time. If she finds her shoes laying around she immediately wants them put on her feet, and she'll keep saying shoe until I put them on her feet.

I will not bore you with a list of her other words, but she is picking up more and more each day. She's up to 15 words now that she says consistently (we counted b/c we wanted to be able to tell the doctor). We love the interaction and cannot wait to see what new word she is going to say each day.

No comments: